Thursday 4 April 2013

Rick Ross Offers Another Apology for “Rape” Lyric





As the controversy around Rick Ross’ verse on Rocko’s “You Don’t Even Know It”continues to divide music fans across the globe, Rozay has offered another apology for his “rape” lyrics. On the track, Ross is heard rapping: “Put Molly all in her champagne, she ain’t even know it/ I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain’t even know it.”Though the song has been out for several months, the MMG rapper recently came under a firestorm for what many are saying is the rapper condoning rape. From the jump, Ross has maintained that his lyrics were misinterpreted and has stated that he does not “condone rape” whatsoever. However, media outlets, celebs, fellow rappers, women’s rights groups and more have demanded Ross offer more of an apology. There has also been petitions for Reebok to drop the rapper as a spokesperson. This isn’t the first time a rapper has caught heat for “Rape lyrics” (Eminem, Tyler The Creator), but is Rozay’s apology acceptable? Let us know how you feel.
Rick Ross tweeted: "I dont condone rape.Apologies for the  interpreted as rape. "

"Apologies to my many business partners,who would never promote violence against women.@ReebokClassics @ultraviolet"

Watch Rozay’s first apology for his lyrics



“I wanted to come down to the radio station. There’s certain things you can’t tweet. There’s certain things you want people to hear your voice. I wanna make sure this clear… that… woman is the most precious gift known to man. Ya understand? It was a misunderstanding with a lyric. A misinterpretation where the term ‘rape’ wasn’t used. I would never use the term ‘rape’ in my records. As for as my camp, Hip-Hop don’t condone that. The streets don’t condone that. Nobody condones that, ya understand? So, I just wanted to reach out to all the queens that’s on my timeline. All the sexy ladies, the beautiful ladies that had been reaching out to me with the misunderstanding… we don’t condone rape and I’m not with that”

No comments:

Post a Comment